Happy Holidays to everyone! With school break I have been trying to catch my breath and revamp for the second half of the year. As Miss Perham, I have had a very bittersweet time during this break. I went down to Texas to visit my grandmother for Christmas. On the way down, I saw the highways littered with plastic bags and bottles. Then I was very astonished to find out that her community did not recycle their plastics at all! I even had the pleasure of debating the importance of recycling plastics with a gentleman from the area, who did not think that recycling was worth the effort, that plastics break down, and does not cause harm. As you can guess, I see things very differently than him.
When I sat down to a computer I looked up recycling centers and recycling drop off places near my grandmother and sent a list of a couple centers near her to her and a couple friends in the area. I hope that they will take the information I have provided and make personal habits of recycling. Just a reminder, I have plenty of information on plastic and plastic recycling on past blogs and on my facebook page,"Cut The Plastic." If you have any questions please look through the material I have provided and do not be afraid to use the internet to find more information.
My spirits were lifted when I came home to find a letter from the 5th grade class of St. Henry's Catholic School. The children raised $100.00 (in about one week) to give to the Children's Miracle Network and asked me to make sure the organization got it. I am honored to help the children with such a great cause. What a wonderful way to start a new year!
Thank you for the support and have a safe and happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment