On July 30th I was crowned Miss Perham 2010. In the up coming year I will be getting ready to compete at Miss Minnesota, promoting my platform "It's Drastic, Cut the Plastic: reducing our plastic waste", and I will also be promoting the Children's Miracle Network, the Miss America's national platform.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
St. Henry's Presentation
I just got back home from my St. Henry's Catholic School presentation. It was so fun to see all the children and teach them about Miss Perham and my platform. They were all so eager to tell me how much they knew and wanted to learn. I was happy to see all most every hand raised when I asked how many recycled at home. One boy even brought up the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, that he heard about on the news. They loved the pencils and canvas bags I gave out and loved the crown. They were polite and at the end thanked me for coming. "Thank you, Miss Perham," are some of the sweetest words I have heard for weeks. I have to thank the St. Henry's principle, Mr. Jason Smith, for letting me come in for a half hour to talk to the students. Here are some pictures from today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment