Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11

When I woke up this morning I got a rush of excitement because today is the day that a new Miss Moorhead and a new Miss Red River Valley Outstanding Teen will be crowned. I thought of my wonderful friends that would be giving up their titles tonight and thought of my friends running for the titles. Good luck to all the contestants! As for Miss Bethany and Miss Paige I would like to thank you for all your hard work for the Miss America organization, CMN, and your personal platforms, you both are amazing role models for young women everywhere. You girls make me so proud to be apart of all of this and remind me of how blessed I am to have people like you, talented ladies, around me everyday! After remembering the pageant, I got a rush of sorrow, today will be remembered as the most tragic day in my life time, for my country. That is my prayer anyways. So as I sit here, safe in my home, I am reminded to thank God for all the brave men and women that keep me safe everyday. I would like to thank all the brave firefighters and police officers that risk their lives everyday to keep us safe and I would like to thank our brave soldiers, who fight for the freedoms that Americans take for granted. I remember that I am blessed to live in a county that I can write all of this for you to read with out the fear of being persecuted, to be apart of an organization that promotes young women leadership, to go to school, and to praise my God the way I want to praise Him. So, I would like to wish all the contestants and the ladies giving up their titles tonight, GOOD LUCK! And to everyone today, please remember the events that happened today and never forget the lives that were lost. Remember we are one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment