On July 30th I was crowned Miss Perham 2010. In the up coming year I will be getting ready to compete at Miss Minnesota, promoting my platform "It's Drastic, Cut the Plastic: reducing our plastic waste", and I will also be promoting the Children's Miracle Network, the Miss America's national platform.
Monday, August 16, 2010
What A Ride
I cannot believe that I was crowned Miss Perham 17 days ago! I am excited for what this year holds for me and am even more excited to represent my home town. Time has flown by and I have so much to let everyone know and really do not even know where to start. I guess I can start by saying that my first Children's Miracle Network fundraising event was a blast! Miracle Treat Day was a huge success! Not only did I get to see my friend and Miss Heart of the Lakes title holder, Kalli Randall but I got to raise money to help children that rely on the CMN for their medical needs. I have definitely kept busy with other things as well. This past week I went to my first pageant appearance as Miss Perham, the young ladies vying for Miss Vergas and Princess Altona did a wonderful job and I am proud of all of them! Congrats and good luck to the new title holders! I have also been helping out every Wednesday at the unique International Turtle Races of Perham, the volunteers are an absolute blast and I would not trade my time with them for anything in the world. I will be sure to keep everyone posted and up to date with all of my duties and appearances as Miss Perham 2010.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment