On July 30th I was crowned Miss Perham 2010. In the up coming year I will be getting ready to compete at Miss Minnesota, promoting my platform "It's Drastic, Cut the Plastic: reducing our plastic waste", and I will also be promoting the Children's Miracle Network, the Miss America's national platform.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Last Day of Turtle Races
Today was the last day of turtle races for the 2010 year and we had a blast! I would like to thank all the volunteers that have helped with turtle races for all their time, devotion, and welcoming smiles! I will miss our hugs and silly conversations. Today we held turtle races next to the chamber, as we always do, then at 1:30 we went to the nursing home so that all the residents could race turtles also. This was a special treat for me as well as them, because I am an employee at Perham Memorial Nursing Home. I got to see my good friends and fellow workers, along with the wonderful people I take care of! Although I am sad that this was my last day of turtle races till next year I am excited to now devote this time to my classes and my preparation for Miss Minnesota!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment